The Syrian government is “twerking”, making it difficult to know whether or not they actually launched gas attacks against their own people. The U.S. government is “twerking” on their explanation about how and when the attack on Syria will take place. And the rest of the world is just “twerking”. Oh yeah, and the word “twerking” has been added to the dictionary… On this episode of The Axiom Amnesia Theory, Heit & Cheri address the precepts behind the Syrian attack and the 50-year-anniversary celebration of The March on Washington.
Topics discussed include the latest on bombing Syria, the bully complex that we see playing out around the world, Syria saying terrorists will strike Europe with chemical weapons, whether Obama will wait for Congressional approval before striking Syria, Russia re-positioning their war ships in the Mediterranean, the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, the idea that one must choose between MLK and Malcolm X, Black exceptions being played up as the rule, twerking being added to the dictionary, and more!
Listen To The Axiom Amnesia Theory Now!
Help to spread independent thinking and donate $5 now!
- Discussion about the war drums continuing to beat toward Syria.
President Barack Obama vowed on Wednesday that the Syrian government would face “international consequences” for last week’s deadly chemical attack, but made clear any military response would be limited to avoid dragging the United States into another war in the Middle East.
Casting the need for action based on U.S. national security interests instead of humanitarian grounds, Obama made his case to a war-weary American public for what is looking like an all-but-certain use of force in Syria, where he has long been reluctant to intervene.
While saying he and allied leaders had not yet made a decision on military strikes against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s loyalists, he left little doubt that the choice was not whether to act but when.
“We have concluded that the Syrian government in fact carried these out, and if that’s so, then there need to be international consequences,” Obama told “PBS Newshour” in a televised interview.
- Discussion about the bully complex that we see playing out around the world. If the people who could give the bully a good fight would actually jump in, then the bully would think twice about bullying in the future.
- Syria says that terrorists will strike Europe with chemical weapons.
Syria’s deputy foreign minister said on Wednesday that the United States, Britain and France helped “terrorists” use chemical weapons in Syria, and that the same groups would soon use them against Europe.
Speaking to reporters outside the Four Seasons hotel in Damascus, Faisal Maqdad said he had presented U.N. chemical weapons inspectors with evidence that “armed terrorist groups” had used sarin gas in all the sites of alleged attacks.
“We repeat that the terrorist groups are the ones that used (chemical weapons) with the help of the United States, the United Kingdom and France, and this has to stop,” he said. “This means these chemical weapons will soon be used by the same groups against the people of Europe,” he added.
- Discussion about a news pundit saying that the U.S. should bomb Syria because Syrians will otherwise side with al-Quaeda
- Will Obama wait for Congressional approval before striking Syria?
- Discussion about both Obama and Biden being against president Bush making decisions without Congressional approval before they came to power. Now, anything goes.
- People always want you to trust them when they are in charge. They want a blank check to do whatever they want.
- Discussion about the issue of whether Obama will be viewed as a punk if he doesn’t make good on his promise to intervene.
- Discussion about Russia re-positioning their war ships in the Mediterranean.
Russia is sending two warships to the eastern Mediterranean, Interfax news agency said on Thursday, as Western powers prepare for military action over last week’s alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria.
Interfax news agency quoted a source in the armed forces’ general staff as saying a missile cruiser and an anti-submarine ship would arrive in the coming days because of the “well-known situation” – a clear reference to the conflict in Syria.
The navy later denied the deployment was linked to events in Syria and said it was part of a long-planned rotation of its ships in the Mediterranean. It did not say what kind of vessels, or how many, were on their way to the region.
- Discussion about the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington. Obama spoke at the event.
- Discussion about all the people who weren’t invited to speak or even mentioned–like Louis Farrakhan or Malcolm X.
- Discussion about the idea that one must choose between MLK and Malcolm X.
- Discussion about how all of these elites up on stage telling regular people that the dream was realized.
- Discussion about John Lewis’ speech. He pushed past his fear and took a beatdown for the cause.
- Who put this commemoration together? It seems like the King family did.
- Discussion about Obama starting off with quotes from the “founding fathers”, the quoted Frederrick Douglass–people actually credited Obama for Douglass’ quote.
- Discussion about the Black exceptions being played up as the rule, when the masses of Blacks are suffering.
- Discussion about a statement from an Auburn woman about twerking.
Twerking is such a complex, technical subject, only a Ph.D. researcher can explain how the body does what it does to make it happen.
Twerking is a combination movement involving a deep squat and a pelvic tilt, Michelle Olson, a professor of exercise science and a certified strength and conditioning coach at Auburn University in Montgomery, Ala., explained.
“You take a wide stance with your legs turned out at 10 and 2 so your hips are externally rotated,” she said. “Then you pulse up and down as you thrust the pelvis bone forward and back.”
Olson said the booty dancing move is a good “twerkout” for your butt and thighs. It also works the deep muscles of the hips and the core muscles of the lower back and abdominals. She said it will definitely shape and strengthen all those muscles as well as give them the stamina to do activities important to most people heavily involved in twerking like say, picking up a screaming child off the floor.
- Discussion about twerking being added to the dictionary. Morgan Freeman actually read the definition out loud.
- Discussion about acknowledging Ebonics/Black English as a language.
Support us by ordering an Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt today!
Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt – Black ($25)
>>See Full Description<<
This is the signature black Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt with logo. The logo is plastisol (screen printed) via heat transfer onto the garment–the kind that feels slick to the touch. This high-quality t-shirt is 100 percent, pre-shrunk cotton, and is available in sizes medium to 3XL. (More…)
Make a one-time donation
Make a one-time donation of as little as $1 below: