You might as well call the Congressional lack Caucus President Obama’s Official Loyal Vote-Casters Guild, as they remain mostly silent on Syria. It’s obvious they aren’t going to publicly oppose the Black President–regardless of his failure to address Black issues in this country. On this episode of The Axiom Amnesia Theory, Heit & Cheri discuss the crisis in Syria and briefly cover news of the Zimmerman’s divorce.
Topics discussed include Shellie Zimmerman filing for divorce from George, why people pretend to care about issues, news that the woman who care for Cheri’s grandmother was murdered in Chicago, the ongoing list of all the murders in Chicago, the Congressional Black Caucus remaining silent on Syria, people feeling compelled to accept whatever elected officials decide to do, Obama saying the chemical weapons “red line” on Syria was not his own, why vote on Syria in Congress is a moot point, and more!
Listen To The Axiom Amnesia Theory Now!
Help to spread independent thinking and donate $5 now!
- Discussion about Shellie Zimmerman filing for divorce from George Zimmerman.
George Zimmerman’s wife, Shellie, says she stood by her man “through everything” but once he was acquitted of murder charges in the 2012 shooting of teenager Trayvon Martin, he left her with “a bunch of pieces of broken glass.”
Zimmerman, who filed for divorce from George Zimmerman on Thursday, told ABC’s “Good Morning America” in an interview aired Friday that her husband is selfish.
She says the couple tried counseling but in the end “George is all about George.” She also said he has been verbally abusive and is making what she considers “reckless decisions.”
She says her husband only spent three or four nights at their house since the trial ended in July and that she moved out Aug. 13.
George Zimmerman’s attorney did not comment on the accusations.
- Discussion about why people pretend to care about issues, when they really don’t. Remember KONY 2012? People rise up for a second, then they forget what it was all about.
- Discussion about Obama saying the country should go into Syria because of all of the children being killed. What about the killing going on in Chicago?
- Cheri shares the news that the woman who helps her grandmother at home during the day was murdered a couple of days ago in Chicago.
- Discussion about the ongoing list of all the murders in Chicago each date.
- If you are supposed to be the moral leader of the world, how do you then have major metro areas with all of these issues of violence?
- Obama and his allies won’t even put a fraction of their effort into
- Discussion about the Congressional Black Caucus remaining silent on the issue with Syria. They don’t want to appear to be in opposition to the Black President.
As the Obama administration lobbies Congress this week to authorize military strikes on Syria, the chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus has asked caucus members to refrain from discussing the Syria debate in public.
Numerous media outlets reported Thursday that Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-Ohio) sent an email to members of her caucus asking them “to limit public comment” on the Syria debate — a move that drove one CBC member to complain to Foreign Policy’s The Cable that Fudge was trying to quiet the growing chorus of opposition in Congress to U.S. airstrikes against the government of Syrian President Bashar Assad.
But Fudge’s spokeswoman, Ayofemi Kirby, said the congresswoman simply wanted to make sure members had all the information available before making up their minds. Members of the CBC are scheduled to receive a classified briefing on Syria from White House National Security Advisor Susan Rice this coming Monday.
“The chair believes Congress and the American public need more information, and she awaits more briefings between now and early next week before commenting further,” Kirby told The Hill.
With more than 40 members, the CBC will likely be a crucial voting bloc in putting together the bipartisan coalition of House members that the White House will need to pass the Syria authorization. The full chamber will return next week to debate the measure.
Source: Huffington Post
- People will eventually learn that Barack Obama is no different than George Bush, and in some ways he’s worse.
- Discussion about people feeling compelled to accept whatever elected officials decide to do–whether or not they actually voted for them.
- Your vote is not a statement declaring that you will follow the other person no matter what.
- It doesn’t matter whether people call Congress saying “Vote NO on Syria”, because Obama will strike regardless of what Congress decides.
- Discussion about Obama saying the chemical weapons “red line” on Syria was not his own, but that of the international community.
- Why would the U.S> bring up chemical weapons if they weren’t planning to make a future claim of chemical weapons attack.
- Discussion about being on “the list” for U.S. military strikes.
- Discussion about the government waiting for their grand finale of September 11th–next Wednesday.
- What is the proper way to be murdered?
- How do strikes on Syria prevent the future use of force against the people?
- People need to wake up. So many people don’t keep up with the news.
- Discussion about the U.S. timetable for war on Syria.
Support us by ordering an Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt today!
Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt – Black ($25)
>>See Full Description<<
This is the signature black Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt with logo. The logo is plastisol (screen printed) via heat transfer onto the garment–the kind that feels slick to the touch. This high-quality t-shirt is 100 percent, pre-shrunk cotton, and is available in sizes medium to 3XL. (More…)
Make a one-time donation
Make a one-time donation of as little as $1 below: