As each day passes, we learn a little bit more about what life under Obamacare is going to be like. On this episode of The Axiom Amnesia Theory, insurance expert Khalilah Pratt-Venson joins Heit & Cheri again to discuss more about the Obamacare exchanges that opened a couple of days ago–and everything you need to know to make an informed decision. If you missed yesterdays’s show, be sure to check out the first part of this informative conversation!
Topics discussed include the big Bitcoin Silk Road being shut down by the government for offering illegal services, Trayvon Martin and Oscar Grant’s parents speaking out in a recent interview, one of the Angola Three–Herman Wallace–being released from prison on his deathbed, insurance expert Khalilah Pratt-Venson joins Heit & Cheri again today to discuss more about the Obamacare exchanges that opened a couple of days ago, and more!
Listen To The Axiom Amnesia Theory Now!
Help to spread independent thinking and donate $5 now!
- discussion about the big Bitcoin Silk Road being shut down by the government for offering illegal services.
The FBI has announced the arrest of the suspected operator of the Silk Road – a clandestine online marketplace for drugs and other illegal items.
A spokeswoman said that Ross William Ulbricht was arrested “without incident” by its agents at a public library in San Francisco on Tuesday.
She added he had been charged with conspiracy to traffic narcotics.
The FBI said it has also seized approximately $3.6m (£2.2m) worth of bitcoins – a virtual currency.
The agency described it as the biggest Bitcoin seizure to date.
The Silk Road is now offline – those trying to access it are presented with a notice saying the site has been seized. Users had previously been able to access the service through Tor – an anonymous web browsing system that requires special software.
Mr Ulbricht made an initial appearance at San Francisco federal court where a bail hearing was set for Friday.
- Discussion about Trayvon Martin and Oscar Grant’s parents speaking out in a recent interview.
- Discussion about one of the Angola Three–Herman Wallace–being released from prison on his deathbed.
NEW ORLEANS — NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A 71-year-old Louisiana prisoner who spent 41 years in solitary confinement and is now dying of cancer was released late Tuesday from prison, his attorneys said.
Late Tuesday, U.S. District Chief Judge Brian Jackson in Baton Rouge denied the state’s motion seeking to block his earlier order overturning Herman Wallace’s 1974 murder conviction in the death of Angola guard Brent Miller.
Jackson had also ordered a new trial because women were unconstitutionally excluded from the grand jury that indicted Wallace in the guard’s death. And, he ordered him immediately released.
Wallace’s attorneys said the freed prisoner left a correctional center in St. Gabriel by ambulance Tuesday evening and was expected to go to LSU Interim Hospital in New Orleans for treatment of advanced terminal liver cancer.
“Tonight, Herman Wallace has left the walls of Louisiana prisons and will be able to receive the medical care that his advanced liver cancer requires,” his legal team said in a statement.
Earlier Tuesday, Jackson overturned Wallace’s 1974 murder conviction in Miller’s death.
Source: Huffington Post
- Khalilah Pratt-Venson joins Heit & Cheri again today to discuss the Obamacare exchanges that opened a couple of days ago.
- Discussion about the Healthcare.gov site crashing as many people try to access it.
- The insurance plans start Jan. 1st 2014, and the open enrollment will last through March 31st of 2014.
- There is an annual open enrollment period in which people are allowed to
- If you are having trouble accessing the Healthcare.gov website, you can visit You can visit the Marketplace Enrollment Solutions website and access the same information. You can also call (800) 342-0631 to receive advice on plans and enroll. Be sure to mention that K. Pratt referred you.
- Does Obamacare offer dental and vision coverage? No. It’s just medical insurance and prescription drug coverage. Many people will still need to speak with an agent
- Discussion about critical illness plans. They cover you for things like cancer, heart attacks, and strokes. They pay out lump sums directly to you so that you can pay whatever you need to take care of during the illness.
- Discussion about accident plans.
- Is it possible to get different medical plans for individuals on the same plan?
- Smokers will pay a much higher rate than nonsmokers.
- How does the government define a family for the purposes of people being on the same plan for the insurance exchanges.
- Discussion about how the exchanges handle same sex and domestic partnerships for people who are not married.
- Discussion about the penalty for not complying with the healthcare mandate.
- Discussion about alternatives for people who cannot afford insurance premiums.
- How do the insurers know if you are a smoker? How will they find out if you are not honest. They may find it in your medical records later, and your policy may be void because of any misrepresentation.
- If you don’t have insurance coverage, how will the government know?
- Discussion about getting consultations on which health care plan is best for you.
- Discussion about removing caps for lifetime maximum benefits, mandatory prenatal care, and insuring pre-existing conditions coverage.
- If you have questions about the healthcare exchange, health insurance, or would like a free consultation to determine what insurance is best for you, please contact Khalilah Pratt-Venson via any of the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 773-800-2855
- Website: http://VensonInsurance.com
- You can also visit the Marketplace Enrollment Solutions website and access the same information as is available on Healthcare.gov. You can also call (800) 342-0631 to receive advice on plans and enroll. Be sure to mention K. Pratt as your referring agent!
Support us by ordering an Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt today!
Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt – Black ($25)
>>See Full Description<<
This is the signature black Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt with logo. The logo is plastisol (screen printed) via heat transfer onto the garment–the kind that feels slick to the touch. This high-quality t-shirt is 100 percent, pre-shrunk cotton, and is available in sizes medium to 3XL. (More…)
Make a one-time donation
Make a one-time donation of as little as $1 below: