With Obamacare being a mandate on each citizen to obtain health insurance, it’s important to understand the insurance plans being offered via the healthcare exchange marketplace that opened yesterday. On this episode of The Axiom Amnesia Theory, Heit & Cheri welcome Khalilah Pratt-Venson, a healthcare insurance reform expert and licensed agent, to the show to explain all that we need to know about Obamacare and the health insurance exchanges.
Topics discussed include an explanation of the details of the new Obamacare health care exchanges that opened yesterday, all the things you need to know before you attempt to apply for insurance through the healthcare exchanges, why they call the marketplace the “exchange”, the biggest misconceptions about the health exchanges, what determines whether or not you will receive a subsidy, Medicaid, how insurance works, deductibles, co-insurance, copays, supplemental insurance, how much you can expect to pay for an exchange health insurance plan, prescription drug coverage, cheaper ways to obtain prescription drugs outside of the coverage on heath insurance, and more!
Listen To The Axiom Amnesia Theory Now!
Help to spread independent thinking and donate $5 now!
- Heit & Cheri welcome Health insurance expert, Khalilah Pratt-Venson, to explain the details of the new Obamacare health care exchanges that opened yesterday.
- Khalilah explains what these healthcare exchanges are, and their primary target population. She also explains that about 10 percent of the population are expected to use the marketplace to get heath insurance.
- There are 4 million people in the U.S. who are uninsured.
- Khalilah explains all the things you need to know before you attempt to apply for insurance through the healthcare exchanges. Among other things, you will need your income ta information to determine whether or not you qualify for a subsidy.
- Khalilah explains why they call the marketplace the “exchange”.
- One of the biggest misconceptions about the health exchanges are that they will be free with no out-of-pocket.
- What determines whether or not you will receive a subsidy? The government uses the adjusted gross income from your taxes to determine if you will receive a subsidy. Depending on your state, you may qualify for medicaid if you don’t make much money.
- What happens to the people who make too much to qualify for medicaid, but make so little that they don’t have much money for health insurance?
- Discussion about how insurance works.
- Discussion about deductibles–amounts that you must pa before the insurance will cover certain expenses.
- Khailah defines what co-insurance means.
- Deductibles are from $250 – $5,000 on the healthcare exchanges.
- Discussion about the maximum out of pocket expenses for the exchange plans.
- Discussion about how “copays” work, and the dollar amounts for the plans on the exchange. They range from $20 to $70, depending on your plan and whether or not you are seeing a specialist or a primary care doctor.
- Discussion about how healthcare insurance policies have changed. They have become more uniform, and the networks have become more narrow than in the past.
- Discussion about scenarios for how much people can expect to pay for insurance premiums.
- Discussion about supplemental insurance.
- Discussion about prescription drug coverage. Each play offers co-pay for prescriptions, with a man of $25 per prescription.
- Khalilah explains that their are much less expensive options for buying prescriptions. You can buy prescriptions online, at places like pharmstore.com, or even participate in the $4 prescriptions offered at retail pharmacies.
- Khailah will be back tomorrow to continue giving more information on healthcare exchange insurance policies. If you have questions about the healthcare exchange, health insurance, or would like a free consultation to determine what insurance is best for you, please contact Khalilah Pratt-Venson via any of the following methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 773-800-2855
- Website: http://VensonInsurance.com
Support us by ordering an Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt today!
Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt – Black ($25)
>>See Full Description<<
This is the signature black Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt with logo. The logo is plastisol (screen printed) via heat transfer onto the garment–the kind that feels slick to the touch. This high-quality t-shirt is 100 percent, pre-shrunk cotton, and is available in sizes medium to 3XL. (More…)
Make a one-time donation
Make a one-time donation of as little as $1 below: