How much do you know about Louisiana culture or Black culture in general? On this episode of The Axiom Amnesia Theory, Heit & Cheri share a bit of Louisiana culture and history, with a few nuggets about Black culture from other parts of the country as well.
Topics discussed include Los Angeles’ proposal to ban feeding the homeless in public, America’s image as rich and prosperous around the world, how European immigrant groups like to try to compare the discrimination their ancestors faced to what descendants of Black African slaves in America face, Cajun people, Creole people, cultural differences among the various regions of Louisiana, Louisiana cooking versus regular Southern cooking, Black culture in America, Regional dialects among Blacks in America, how you used to be able to tell what region of the country Hip Hop came from, but now it all sounds the same, Black slang used in different parts of the country, and more!
Listen To The Axiom Amnesia Theory Now!
Help to spread independent thinking and donate $5 now!
- Discussion about Los Angeles’ proposal to ban feeding the homeless in public.
There’s a perpetual yuppie belief that society’s true failing isn’t the fact that half a million residents don’t have shelter, but that some do-gooders have the audacity to give homeless people food. The latest epicenter of this thinking is Los Angeles, where the City Council is considering a ban on feeding homeless people in public areas after complaints from nearby homeowners.
Los Angeles has the second highest homeless population in the country, at 53,800 individuals, according to the 2013 Annual Homeless Assessment Report. And although the number of homeless people went down nationally over the past year, it increased by 27 percent in Los Angeles.
Source: Nation of Change
- Discussion about how the poor are hidden when you are in resort towns.
- Discussion about America’s image as rich and prosperous around the world.
- Discussion about how you don’t see the image of starving and very poor whites around the world–like with Black and brown people in other countries.
- Discussion about how European immigrant groups like to try to compare the discrimination their ancestors faced to what descendants of Black African slaves in America face.
- Discussion about Cajun people in Louisiana. What is a Cajun person?
- Discussion about Creole people in Louisiana.
- Discussion about the evolution of the description of Creole people.
- Discussion about how Beyonce took a lot of flack for citing her racial heritage as African American, Native American, and French.
- Discussion about Creole people who look white or “almost white”.
- Discussion about cultural differences among the various regions of Louisiana.
- Discussion about Louisiana cooking versus regular Southern cooking.
- Discussion about Black culture in America.
- The migration of Blacks from the South to the North.
- Regional dialects among Blacks in America.
- Discussion about how you used to be able to tell what region of the country Hip Hop came from, but now it all sounds the same.
- Discussion about various Black slang used in different parts of the country.
Support us by ordering an Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt today!
Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt – Black ($25)
>>See Full Description<<
This is the signature black Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt with logo. The logo is plastisol (screen printed) via heat transfer onto the garment–the kind that feels slick to the touch. This high-quality t-shirt is 100 percent, pre-shrunk cotton, and is available in sizes medium to 3XL. (More…)
Make a one-time donation
Make a one-time donation of as little as $1 below: