Remember the movie “Ghost” starring Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze? Well it’s been re-born into a musical! On this entertainment episode of The Axiom Amnesia Theory, Heit & Cheri review the musical and critique relevant technology, music, and social issues related to the production.
Topics discussed include 400th episode of The Axiom Amnesia Theory, seeing “Ghost the Musical” at Dallas Fair Park, technology employed to deliver the special effects, the sound quality in the theater, the portrayal of Blacks as the comic relief, the music and lyrics, and more!
Listen To The Axiom Amnesia Theory Now!
Help to spread independent thinking and donate $5 now!
- Heit & Cheri discuss this 400th episode of The Axiom Amnesia Theory.
- Heit & Cheri discuss seeing “Ghost the Musical” at Dallas Fair Park.
- Heit & Cheri thought the musical was pretty good. They enjoyed technology employed to deliver the special effects the most!
- The cost of the least expensive tickets (in the balcony) was about $45 for two tickets.
- How much you enjoy the musical has a lot to do with the genre of music–it reminded Cheri of the music style from the musical “Wicked”.
- Why don’t they have more Broadway musicals available on DVD?
- Discussion about the special effects screens that appeared in front of the actors at times during the performance.
- Heit & Cheri discuss their favorite scenes.
- It would be awesome to sit on stage and see what was going on behind the scenes.
- Heit says that he didn’t like some of the music and Cheri agreed that some of the singing wasn’t so great.
- Discussion about the sound quality in the theater.
- Discussion about the small cast size.
- Heit & Cheri felt that the musical was too long, and too slow at times.
- Discussion about how the Blacks in the performance were really stereotypical caricatures of Black people.
- The Black characters are the only ones to bring up race in the show.
- There were very few Black people in the audience.
- Discussion about the portrayal of Blacks as the comic relief, whereas the whites were to be taken seriously and shown sympathy.
- Heit & Cheri give the performance 4 out of 5 stars.
Support us by ordering an Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt today!
Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt – Black ($25)
>>See Full Description<<
This is the signature black Axiom Amnesia T-Shirt with logo. The logo is plastisol (screen printed) via heat transfer onto the garment–the kind that feels slick to the touch. This high-quality t-shirt is 100 percent, pre-shrunk cotton, and is available in sizes medium to 3XL. (More…)
Make a one-time donation
Make a one-time donation of as little as $1 below: